please visit our International Site.
Lead Municipal Finance Specialist
At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the 2nd Avenue Subway. Our 16,000-person global team regularly come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
As we develop and grow our advisory services business, we are looking for a Lead Municipal Finance Specialist to join our Project Finance / P3 advisory team. Working with a wide range of clients including industrial sponsors, infrastructure funds and investors as well as public authorities you will be part of an integrated service offering that provides clients with one or multiple services in the development of their projects across a range of sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
Based in New York, the role will be to act as a center of excellence in providing market knowledge and structuring expertise across a range of sectors in the context of non-recourse projects. Ranging from feasibility studies to financial close, the successful candidate will work as an adviser to both private and public-sector clients with exposure to high level decision makers.
Within the firm the successful candidate with co-ordinate with the various industry specialists and business leaders to ensure the full impact of the firm's capabilities can be brought to bear in the advice that is provided.
As our Lead Municipal Finance Specialist, you will:
• Support the origination of non-recourse financing transactions across a range of sectors
• Participate in the firm's Americas regional team with opportunities coast to coast
• Execute transactions in collaboration with industry specialists
• Structure, negotiate and document transactions liaising with the relevant legal counsel
• Build, supervise the building of and analyze financial models
• Oversee due diligence processes, including management of other advisers
• Develop pitchbooks and marketing materials for client pitches, rating agency presentations and marketing
• Attend and present at meetings with clients, rating agencies and investors
• Serve as a role model for junior colleagues and exhibit a positive outlook
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar field.
• 10+ years of experience
• Experience with transacted business as both a lender and a bond arranger - with particular focus on private placements and Private Activity Bonds.
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk allocation and contractual terms in P3 is crucial as well as knowledge of the ratings process.
• Professional Certification (CFA or CPA) or ability to obtain a certification within 1 year of employment
• A thorough knowledge of project finance modelling will be necessary as well as a demonstrated network in the project finance market and a proven track record in marketing.
• Knowledge of programs such as TIFIA, RRIF and WIFIA is preferred
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000QE
Category: Transaction Advice
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: None