please visit our International Site.
Logistics and Operations Consultant
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring your unique vision to Shape a Better World.
Arup is an employee-owned, global engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup seizes opportunities to position our client’s businesses for the future and to develop strategies that meet the needs of a changing world. Today’s commercial reality is that businesses need to deliver high quality products, continual performance improvement, responsible strategies, demonstrable value and total people commitment.
Understanding these drivers for change and embracing a design philosophy that leverages emerging technologies in logistics and freight requires a deep understanding of our client’s business and the environment in which they operate. Arup helps clients to achieve maximum efficiency in operations and in the way their buildings are constructed and managed. By recognizing the value that can come from coherent, well-structured supply chains and processes, our logistics and operations consultants focus on working to find sustainable solutions with proven and future technologies.
Our San Francisco office is currently seeking a Logistics and Operations Consultant to undertake a range of operational performance, material handling and supply chain consulting activities.
The Logistics and Operations Consultant role is incorporated into our Integrated Planning team, working on developing integrated transportation and operational solutions for cities, airports and other world class developments at multiple scales. As a Logistics and Operations Consultant, you will report to the Logistics leader who will oversee project delivery.
You will work in design or client teams with a broad range of other experts, such as engineers and architects, to deliver operational solutions for new developments. This will include:
• Evaluating the logistics requirements using some of our in-house tools
• Researching new technology to support project work
• Designing various aspects of operations and back-of-house facilities
• Developing operational processes, designing logistics systems, detailing equipment requirements, and forecasting staffing levels
• Producing operational logistics reports and presentation to clearly communicate recommendations.
Our staff work across teams and across sectors to provide a broad range of experience through our work in Integrated Planning.
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or a transportation, logistics or management-related field.
• Good communication skills. Working in a team is a key aspect of the work we deliver and candidates need to be good team players to provide creative input during internal and external design team meetings.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft software, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience using online software packages such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is desirable
• Experience in discrete event simulation modeling a plus (e.g. Arena, Simio software etc.).
• 4-8 years of progressively responsible experience in logistics and/or operations consulting.
• Ability to interpret architects’ drawings
• Experience using AutoCAD or Revit drawings undertake analysis of design including vehicle maneuverability testing.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: SAN0000DV
Category: Transportation Planning
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: None