please visit our International Site.
Marketing/Business Development Intern - Available June 2021 (Various US Locations)
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Arup is looking for a Marketing Intern to support the Marketing/Business Development Team in various Arup office locations. Working within a highly-collaborative team, you will have opportunities to engage and interact with local, regional, and global staff members and leaders. With a focus on design and the built environment, there is no short supply of task diversity - from delivering winning proposals to creating high-impact collateral, or developing client-focused strategies to working with robust knowledge and operational systems.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Assist with coordination of internal and external events
• Assist in conducting searches for EOIs, RFP's , and RFQs
• Work with other team members to produce proposals
• Research and gather information for upcoming projects
• Managing meeting bookings, creating and disseminating meeting minutes
• Research (internet-based) various markets to identify project leads
• Manage information in databases related to client engagement
• Update and maintain information in our Client Relationship Management database
• Assist in preparing brochures and other collateral materials
• Maintain a database / calendar of conferences, award submittal deadlines, speaking engagement deadlines and other BD / networking activities
• Maintain deadlines and event entries in a marketing calendar
• Assist with coordination and preparation of seminars, events, conferences and speaking opportunities
• Organizes and participates in local industry events relevant to the firm
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree, Communications, Business Administration or Marketing
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Must have strong collaboration skills and a proactive attitude, with an ability to work within a team environment and with staff of all levels
• Experience with the following computer applications: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
• Availability to work flexible hours when required
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines with great attention to detail
• Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of new tasks on a project by project basis
• Ability to work with minimum or no supervision, and take ownership of work
• Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator an asset
• Experience with a CRM system an asset
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Second Avenue Subway
• Fulton Street Transit Center
• JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
• Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Number: NEW0000WN
Location: Washington, Dist Of Columbia
Date Posted: Nov. 30, 2020