please visit our International Site.
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We have an exciting opportunity in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Houston or Boston for a Network Engineer t to join our Digital Technology Group.
You will be responsible for the implementation, operation and maintenance of secure and highly available technical systems within the following service groups; Networks, Unified Communications, Workplace & Automation, Cloud and Compute & Storage.
The core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Maintaining, monitoring, and supporting the technology platforms relevant to the Digital Technology services to which they are assigned e.g. Networks, Cloud, Unified Communications, Compute & Storage or Workplace & Automation.
Diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software, cloud service and connectivity problems.
Integrate solutions with other applications and technology platforms based on engineering requirements.
Develop scripted solutions and automation to drive continuous improvements.
Perform routine maintenance tasks for technology systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
Maintaining structured cabling systems, WAN, LAN, Wireless Networks and local Internet, remote access, VPNs and connectivity protocols.
Establishing WAN, LAN, Wireless device profiles, device environments and security for networks being installed.
Analysing and resolving issues related to facilities bandwidth requirements and capacity planning.
Monitors facilities bandwidth requirements and schedules requests for additional bandwidth.
Monitoring installed network equipment.
Providing support for connectivity or related network/communication issues for the user community.
Coordinating installation and maintenance work with outside vendors as needed.
Digital Technology is a team of professionals collaborating globally to support and enable over 20,000 colleagues and clients.
Customer focused with a service mentality, we design and develop software, protect and run the firm's digital infrastructure, support and maintain applications and data platforms, deliver projects, manage risk, provide consultancy and partner with strategic vendors to help enable the Arup Strategy and Digital Vision.
We're committed to transforming our catalogue of technologies to provide secure, resilient services and innovative, digital tools which will enable our members to embrace new ways of working and deliver value for our firm and clients.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Experience working closely with 3rd party managed service & support providers (ISPs & Telcos)
- Strong knowledge and experience of BGP and EIGRP routing protocol and WAN technologies
- CCNP or CCSP Certified
- Experience of Cisco security technologies, including ISE, ASA, TrustSec, etc. Substantial experience of IT Networking systems and standards and Data Centre network architecture
- Expert knowledge in operation and management of Cisco routers and switches
- Familiar with cyber security best practices
- Working knowledge of Windows, AD, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMB
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Good working knowledge of Cisco Wireless portfolio
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Industry certifications preferred
- Experience creating AWS and Azure network designs.
- Good working knowledge of Riverbed Steelheads.
- Good working knowledge of F5 Big-IP.
- Experience of network audits, real-time monitoring, network troubleshooting.
- Experience in network security best practices.
- Networking aspects of VMWare
- Familiarity of Internet technologies and tools (e.g. Apache, SMTP, SSL, DNS, firewalls, proxy devices and load balancers.
- Knowledge of IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices, can manage risk.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you're a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options - including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Arup. Shaping a better world.
Closing date: 31st January
Job Number: NEW0000OO
Category: Information Technology
Location: Seattle, Washington
Date Posted: Jan. 17, 2020