please visit our International Site.
Arup is dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the Beijing Bird's Nest to New York's Second Avenue Subway. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Arup's reputation for design excellence is evidence of our abiding belief in all three.
We are currently seeking a Paralegal interested in the built environment to be based in our New York City office and possibly work occasionally in our Edison, NJ office with primary activities including legal intranet administration, review of contracts, perform research, prepare corporate resolutions, maintain the company's governance and compliance standards, managing of external law firm billing and other legal support. You will report to in-house counsel and work with/assist our in-house regional legal team of five attorneys and support staff.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and amending legal agreements and documentation including a request for proposals; bid documentation; proposal letters; professional services agreements; confidentiality agreements; supplier/vendor agreements
- Management of external legal counsel billing and retainers
- General file management including document assembly, preparing meeting minutes and other correspondence as needed
- Assisting with corporate matters and registration and licensing
- Undertaking legal research tasks
- Insurance administration including assisting with insurance renewals and maintaining insurance certificate database
- Assisting with the development of legal training programs and other presentations as needed
- Four Year (accredited) College degree BA/BS
- Law firm and/or in-house law experience
- Ability to work remotely for part of the week until the pandemic restrictions subside.
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work, and exceptional organization skills are required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Discipline to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Preferred but not required to have previous experience in construction industry/engineering design firm
Arup is an employee-owned company that offers an excellent benefits package. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long-Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. EOE including disability/veteran.
Job Number: NEW0000WD
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: Jan. 15, 2021