please visit our International Site.
At Arup we're dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the Green Line Extension. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our 16,000-person team of designers, engineers, planners and consultants come together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating. One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time and space to be creative. Arup's culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We'd like to find those rare individuals who are as bright and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
We are currently seeking a Project Administrator to work in our Boston office. The Project Administrator is an integral member of the project team structure. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for Project Management and are excited about taking on new challenges. In this role, you will be responsible for providing general project management and administrative support. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and can multi-task. This individual must have the ability to work independently and as an effective, engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through is essential for this job. The ability to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism is required.
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Job responsibilities will include:
• assisting project managers in all administration functions and processes;
• facilitating development of project plans and manage them from inception to completion;
• maintaining document control for compliance in accordance with defined systems and procedures;
• organizing and implementing formulated policies and procedures;
• preparation and submission of reports, specifications, correspondence, spreadsheets, presentations to ensure that the highest quality editing and formatting are presented following branding guidelines;
• analyzing project data and produce progress reports;
• attend project meetings and document minutes to ensure that all open actions items are closed out;
• utilize the financial systems to assist PM/Commercial Manager in reviewing project financial performance;
• and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
• minimum 4 years of relevant experience in an engineering, architecture and construction environment preferred;
• AA/BA/BS degree in business, management, construction or operations desired;
• advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications is required (candidates will be tested to determine skill level for these programs);
• exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills;
• maintains an organized approach to managing daily activities, can juggle multiple demands efficiently and productively;
• ability to handle confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy;
• self-starter, flexibility, and adaptability-enjoys the challenges of change and supports a dynamic management team by shifting priorities and dealing with ambiguity;
• strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making abilities;
• delivers high quality work;
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of paid time off and bonus compensation in the form of a profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: BOS00005R
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Date Posted: None