please visit our International Site.
At Arup we're dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the Kennedy Center Expansion. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our 16,000-person team of designers, engineers, planners and consultants come together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating. One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time and space to be creative. Arup’s culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We'd like to find those rare individuals who are as bright and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
We're looking for a Project Administrator to work in our Washington DC office. You will supply administrative support to our project management teams and arrange the coordination for multiple design and construction projects.
• Maintain projects observing our Management Systems (AMS);
• Preparation and submission of reports, specifications, correspondence, spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets), presentations to ensure that the highest quality editing and formatting are presented following Arup’s branding guidelines;
• Heavy document control: design and construction administration;
• Attend project meetings and documenting minutes to ensure that all open actions items are closed out;
• Project calendar management;
• Coordinate meeting set-ups e.g. booking conference rooms, AV equipment, and catering while observing the office Facilities and IT team’s established protocols for these activities;
• Assist Project Directors/Managers with:
o Ad-hoc project and team financial analysis review, report creation, and invoicing,
o Bid Reviews
o Document and organize project accounting, financial and contractual documentation,
o Prepare and submit monthly reports for external clients.
• Track opportunities and creating diagnostic reports from our Client Relationship Management (CRM) system;
• Assist with the set-up and monitoring of internal/external Electronic Data Management Systems (EDMS);
• Procure visas and passports for business related travel;
• New starter onboarding and training on project systems;
• Maintain a clean, project-based, office environment with efficient electronic filing, archiving, scanning and shredding, and discarding unnecessary documents;
• Minimum 4 years’ project administration experience in an engineering /architecture/construction environment is required;
• Are able demonstrate knowledge with using multiple electronic data management platforms;
• Candidates will be tested to determine skill level for Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
• English grammar, spelling, punctuation, composition, drafting and proofreading skills;
• Type speed of 50 words per minute (candidates will be tested to determine skill level);
• Can handle confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy;
• Assist with new employee induction and on-boarding training for all admin systems
• AA/BA/BS degree in business, management, operations or equivalent combination of education and related experience is preferred;
• Knowledge of ProjectWise, OneDrive, OneNote and SharePoint a plus;
• PMP certification a plus;
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, Paid Time Off (PTO) and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.
Job Number: WAS00002A
Location: Washington, Dist Of Columbia
Date Posted: None