please visit our International Site.
Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
The Receptionist supports the day to day administration of the Dallas Office. We are seeking a candidate who is a team player with strong initiative to support the current and future needs of our office.
• Receptionist duties including answering phones, meeting and greeting visitors;
• Event and meeting coordination (booking conference rooms, sending invitations, catering, etc.).
• Arranging travel and itineraries including air, hotel, transfers, passports, and visas for assigned Senior Leader(s) of the office; when needed.
• Calendar management, requiring interaction with internal/external executives and their assistants to coordinate complex meetings.
• Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports.
• Picking up post, and managing all post mail
• Assist with the managing, organizing, planning, and execution of events.
• Ensure efficiency of day to day operations of the office including:
• Maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the office; managing storage of materials and consumables to minimize office clutter.
• Coordinate the ordering of supplies and managing facilities cost.
• Engaging IT for Network or AV issues
• Manage office security system
• Assist in project management of possible move to a new office.
• Assist with new employee induction and on-boarding training for all admin systems.
• Support office leader and business leaders with calendar appointments,
• agenda and meetings, as need be.
• Coordinate meeting set-ups e.g. booking conference rooms, AV equipment, and catering.
• Answer and direct calls, greet clients and other visitors.
• Work with our property management office and other staff to .
• Maintain communication with building manager regarding office space and building issues including upgrades, maintenance, and repairs.
• Manage storage of materials and consumables to minimize office clutter. Perform weekly office walkthroughs to ensure compliance.
• Assist with coordination of subcontractors for general office repairs, manage and oversee their work.
• Purchasing approvals (office supply orders, business cards, pantry stock, requests for special orders, etc.).
• Assist with Health & Safety responsibilities.
• Assist with the managing, organizing, planning, and executing events (i.e. all staff meetings, cocktail parties, vendor presentations, board meetings, etc.).
• Maintain office intranet site, floor plan content and update as required.
• Perform orientation for new hires, manage necessary tasks for starters & leavers.
• Manage office/postal supplies and machines.
• New assignments, duties and responsibilities as directed, or assigned.
• 3-5 years in an office administration role, preferably in a related industry
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and MS Office
• Strong English grammar, spelling, punctuation, composition, drafting and proofreading skills
• Enjoy providing high level of client and customer service with a focus on the overall team
• Ability to change gears quickly and jump into projects with excitement
• Highly organized with strong time management skills
• Proactive, self-motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently as well as part of team; supporting multiple teams and levels (internal and external)
Arup is a private company held in trust for our employees. We offer an outstanding benefits package including profit share, healthcare and a progressive 401k match at 10%.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged
Job Number: DAL00000Q
Category: Facilities Management
Location: Dallas, Texas
Date Posted: None