please visit our International Site.
Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs.
Reporting to the facilities manager, the Facilities Administrator supports the day to day administration of the Toronto Office. The office consists of over 400 employees and is growing quickly. We are seeking a candidate who is a team player with strong initiative to support the current and future needs of our office.
Success in this position will rely heavily on the candidate's ability to be friendly and hospitable with strong interpersonal skills. An ability to easily engage with clients and staff in light conversation will also be essential.
• Answer and direct calls
• Greet all guests and ensure they sign in
• Manage office area and maintain office appearance
• Manage meeting room calendars
• Keep Kitchen/Conference Rooms cleaned and stocked
• Maintain communication with building services regarding office space and building issues including upgrades, maintenance, and repairs
• Handle corporate expenses (i.e. coding invoices)
• Type correspondence as required (i.e.letters, transmittals, comments, spreadsheets and office wide communication)
• Handle printing & scanning to support the team
• Support with new hire induction (i.e. security badge, workspace needs, set up etc.
• Order business cards
• Coordinate and manage training course attendance
Qualifications for Success:
• 3+ years in an office administration role in a corporate environment
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is required
• College diploma; courses in office management or administration is preferred
• Bi-Lingual: French/English is an asset
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with superior attention to detail.
• An ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team, as required.
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, with an ability to accommodate periodic interruptions and shifting priorities.
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short-Term and Long-Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: TOR0000L2
Category: Facilities Management
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: Feb. 14, 2020