please visit our International Site.
Security Engineering Intern-Available June 2021
Security Engineering Intern - Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Prepare drawings and incorporate drawing markups detailing electronic security systems (ACAMS, CCTV, IDS, Operations Centers, etc.) designs as instructed
• Develop standard drawings details
• Aid in the review of cut-sheets and RFIs
• Help create specifications documents
• Work on the assessment, survey and review of electronic security systems and resilience, risk and security protection programs
• Aid in the preparation of reports as requested
• Work on defined tasks under limited supervision
• Perform physical protection security system design calculations.
• Research, evaluate and select or make recommendations in the selection of electronic security, surveillance and communications equipment for use in physical protection systems.
• Coordinate work and physical security protection system requirements with engineers of other disciplines that may be in-house or external.
• Attend meetings with senior staff to aid in the discussion and documentation of client needs
• Attend construction site meetings with senior staff
• Pursuing a bachelors degree in civil engineering or a closely related field
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• Familiarity with civil drafting software
• Technical writing
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Experience in laboratory and/or hand-on environment with building test-bed/testing criteria
• Software skills: AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
• Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
• Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
• Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
• WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
• Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
• Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
• Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
• LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
• Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
• Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law
Job Number: SAN0000IY
Category: Security System
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: Jan. 22, 2021