please visit our International Site.
Senior A/V Consultant
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are seeking a team member to bolster central delivery of audiovisual projects including full design/delivery management of smaller projects. A strong candidate will be a fast learner, self-motivated to learn new processes and meticulously track progress. This position is for a person who is interested in working alongside industry experts and growing in the context of world-class projects and programs. Client engagement skills are a plus, this position will have a heavy component of assessing client needs, educating them, and helping them make informed decisions that will benefit their business. Core to this role are the ability to use design tools such as CAD and Revit and the technical ability to design audiovisual systems from scratch. Strong presentation and report writing are ideal, but not necessarily required. Knowledge of IT (UC, software, databases, networks, etc.), telecommunications, security, sensors, and building controls for the built environment are a plus.
The position’s responsibilities will involve:
• Audiovisual design work consisting of the creation of reports, narratives, design drawings (2D, 3D, BIM), functional diagrams, detailed wiring diagrams, and equipment lists as well as the ability to edit specifications to be project specific.
• Construction administration activities including review of contractor submittals, site visits and follow up reports, system functional testing, and client training.
• Consulting project work, designing and participating in the completion of audiovisual technology projects
• Acting in the role of an Audiovisual Owner’s Representative for individual projects as part of the global roll-out of systems based upon the firm’s global audiovisual standards
•Potential growth toward design of IT and communication systems including: structured cabling, wired and wireless voice and data networks, healthcare systems, airport systems, access control, intercom, public address, control systems and general applications of technology to the built environment.
• Willingness to travel on a somewhat frequent basis to deliver world-leading projects
Qualified applicants shall have the following:
•Minimum of 8 years of experience in the audiovisual industry, experience in a client facing consulting role a significant advantage
• Ability to track work performed in detail in collaboration with others
•Ability to empathize and collaborate with non-technical partners
• Ability to evaluate own workload and inform supervisor to prioritize work with multiple deadlines
•Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, including Visio, Project, and One Note
• Experience in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and BlueBeam as well as delivering technology consulting projects in BIM a plus
• Looking to achieve AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS), “designer” certification (CTS-D) and other technology related certifications
• Technology manufacturer training such as AMX, BiAmp, Crestron, Cisco, Extron, and Polycom a plus
• Interest in multi-discipline work and growth
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: CHI00002O
Category: Audio Visual
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Date Posted: None