please visit our International Site.
Senior Civil Engineer
Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs. Our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways - developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable civil infrastructure, transportation and buildings projects.
If you are looking for a varied and rewarding career, come to work at Arup. You will be joining a unique, independent organization with a diverse mix of people. You will have opportunities to collaborate with colleagues around the world on projects that shape the built environment and make a positive difference.
We are currently looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in Boston. The team is currently working on flood adaptation and civil engineering projects for a wide range of clients including municipalities, museums, hospitals, commercial real estate, and the MBTA.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a talented and resourceful engineer who will be responsible for leading the design and production of site plans and construction documents. The candidate will play a lead role on a variety of exciting flood protection engineering, hydrologic modeling, and site development projects, and will support our infrastructure business with a focus on site and utility system improvements for rail and bus transportation systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead civil engineering teams, and work as part of larger multi-disciplinary teams to develop flood resilience strategies and carry out site development design for a variety of projects
- Perform flood risk assessments and flood modeling and mapping for a variety of projects
- Co-ordinate and liaise with engineers in other areas of the business in a variety of disciplines
- Produce drawings, reports, and correspondence
- Take responsibility for the delivery of client deliverables
- Assist project managers on day to day running of projects
- Attend, contribute to, and lead project meetings (internal and external)
- Engage with clients in meetings, emails, and presentations
- Resolve site queries in a timely manner
- Lead and/or conduct site inspections
- Support the development of engineers, graduates, and interns in the team
- Facilitate and organize meetings and continued professional development training events to contribute to your own development and the development of others
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop a strong combination of technical expertise, project management skills and commercial acumen, learning through a combination of project work and training.
The qualified professional will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer license, or the ability to obtain license within one year
- 6+ years design experience on site development, flood resilience engineering, inland or coastal flood modeling, and/or utility infrastructure projects
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build consensus among clients and teammates
- Effective communication skills and the ability to simplify complex ideas and convey them in a way that people understand
- Strong understanding of hydraulic and hydrologic engineering principles
- Strong understanding of site development principles, including layout, grading, and utility system design
- Familiarity with stormwater water quality best management practices and natural stormwater and flood protection design solutions
- Site development, stormwater, waterways, and wetlands permitting awareness
- Strong understanding of flood resilience principles
- Project management experience including commercial / financial awareness
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value self-motivated and driven people who have a positive impact on those around them. We are employee-owned, and are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Number: BOS00006V
Category: Civil Engineering
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Date Posted: Feb. 26, 2021