please visit our International Site.
Senior Civil Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transportation, and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 16,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs. Our goal is to Shape a Better World, and we are looking for the right candidate to help us do just that.
Our Arup Texas office in Dallas is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to work on a various transportation infrastructure and site development projects in the region. Transportation projects range from highway and bridge projects to railroad infrastructure for high speed rail and light rail. Site development projects range from commercial, residential, and institutional building projects to major solar and wind energy projects. Work could also include green spaces, parks, transit stations, and other community improvement projects. This is an exciting opportunity for the right entrepreneurial candidate who wants to bring their heavy civil infrastructure project delivery skills to a global company with exciting projects and a great reputation. The right candidate is someone who wants to take ownership of their own business line to develop, win, and lead high profile local and global projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Undertake site development, utilities, roadway, drainage analysis and design for a range of project types including transportation, energy, water resources, parks, and buildings.
• Participate in traffic engineering and transportation analysis.
• Support planning studies with conceptual engineering and alternatives analysis.
• Prepare and review design drawings and specifications.
• Prepare design calculations and technical reports.
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines.
• Attend meetings with clients to understand their design needs and issues, and to present proposed solutions and approaches.
• Visit project sites to perform inspections during design and construction.
• Work under nominal supervision for all but the most demanding work.
• Take responsibility for definable parts of a project.
• Manage design drawing production and quality control for major construction contracts.
• Support business development efforts by development of technical writing and cost estimates for proposals.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering required, Master of Science Degree preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in a professional infrastructure engineering firm.
• Licensed Professional Engineer.
• Proficiency at civil engineering design tools related to site development and linear infrastructure.
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working.
• Ability to lead multidisciplinary project teams.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
The following project experience would be a plus:
• Work on major linear infrastructure projects in Texas.
• Class one freight, commuter, or high-speed rail.
• Light rail and bus rapid transit.
• Site design for onshore wind or solar photovoltaic energy.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: DAL00000O
Category: Civil Engineering
Location: Dallas, Texas
Date Posted: Jan. 24, 2020