To search jobs outside of the Americas,
please visit our International Site.
please visit our International Site.
Share This Page
Senior Civil Engineer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup Texas is currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer with experience in linear infrastructure projects to join our Civil team in Dallas.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Undertaking the design of civil, utilities, roadway, or other linear infrastructure engineering projects
• Coordinating design development with traffic engineering and transportation analyses
• Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks.
• Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
• Preparing and reviewing study reports, bids, proposals, scopes of work, estimates, schedules, specifications, work instructions, design concepts, scope change documents, correspondence, and other project documentation in accordance with the project scope of work
• Supervision of staff undertaking site development, utilities, roadway, drainage analysis and design for a range of project types from transportation, energy, urban and site development, water and resources
• Taking responsibility for definable parts of a project
• Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Attending meetings with clients to understand their design needs and issues, and to present proposed solutions and approaches
• Visiting project sites to perform inspections during design and construction
• Working under nominal supervision for all but demanding work
• Understanding trends and best practices in the rail and highways industry
• Participating in local and national professional associations, including volunteer efforts that advance their goals and objectives while also building professional network of relationships and recognition of Arup's value
• Supporting business development efforts through research, networking, and development of proposals
The Qualified Professional will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering; Master's degree preferred
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Civil Engineering and infrastructure projects
• A commitment to sustainable design practices as applied to site development projects
• Experience in design and coordination of alignment, facilities, and infrastructure elements for site development
• Experience in linear infrastructure projects including highways and railroads or interfaces with those projects would be an advantage
• Texas PE License or the ability to achieve a Texas PE License within two years of joining Arup
• The ability to prioritize effectively and manage deadlines
• Exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills regarding technical topics for colleagues and clients of all levels
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Number: DAL00000R
Category: Civil Engineering
Location: Dallas, Texas
Date Posted: Nov. 30, 2020