please visit our International Site.
Senior Civil Engineer
Our Los Angeles office is looking for an experienced California-Registered Professional Civil Engineer to play a lead role on a variety of exciting site development and civil infrastructure projects. The successful individual will support the leadership and growth of our busy Civil Engineering team in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a talented and driven engineer who will be responsible for overseeing the production of design documents, providing leadership for a team of up to ten civil engineers working on a variety of projects, developing relationships with existing clients and project collaborators in the Los Angeles market, and helping to expand the civil engineering team's reach into the local (southern California) market.
Candidates shall have the following attributes and experience:
• You are a resourceful and creative problem solver, with civil engineering project delivery experience in the Los Angeles market.
• You have proven experience working with core City agencies and are adept at navigating the land use and building permit processes.
• You demonstrate an understanding of the interactions with associated disciplines including SMEP, architecture and landscape architecture, geotechnical engineering, transportation planning, urban planning, environmental engineering, and cost engineering.
• You have proven leadership experience - able to build consensus among clients and teammates, alike.
• You're an excellent communicator with superior verbal, written, listening and graphical skills - you are great at simplifying complex ideas and relating them in a way that people understand.
• You have the planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced and challenging environment working across a variety of projects and proposals.
• You have a sound knowledge of core civil engineering fundamentals, such as hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, low impact development, utilities coordination, minor structural design, and accessibility standards.
• You are a self-starter with a drive to research new technologies and processes to improve the way that we deliver work while also increasing the quality of the work that we deliver.
• You are passionate about design, highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• You have proven experience working directly with contractors and project owners, preferably with some Design-Build project delivery experience.
• You have proven proposal writing experience and experience of contributing to growth of team(s) through business planning and marketing activities.
• You have experience in staff mentoring and providing structured training to junior staff.
You'll love this position if:
• You want the freedom to push boundaries and the space to explore your career as you take responsibility for helping us shape a better world. Arup still follows the business principles our founder, Ove Arup, set out in his Key Speech.
• You thrive in a truly multi-disciplinary environment - we have over 40 disciplines in our Los Angeles office alone and regularly collaborate with them on the delivery of a variety of projects.
• You are driven to help grow the business, broaden our civil engineering capabilities and can develop relationships in the local market.
• You enjoy working directly with clients, contractors and the project team for projects throughout California, the Americas and beyond and are willing to take responsibility for project delivery.
• You desire to have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering - a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
• Your California PE license.
• 8+ years of experience in site development, preferably in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
• A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Project Management experience including commercial / financial responsibility for projects and performance.
Job Number: LOS0000FD
Category: Civil Engineering
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: March 27, 2020