please visit our International Site.
Senior Electrical Engineer
At Arup, our spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a privately held global engineering and consulting firm of over 15,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best specialists to meet our clients' needs.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for our Los Angeles Buildings Practice to help drive our already steep growth trajectory and serve the Southern California market place specifically within the Healthcare industry. This Electrical Engineer will help lead the electrical team within a multi-discipline managed Healthcare SMEP team. This person must be comfortable in a multi-disciplined team, be market-facing, technically savvy, and a passionate team builder.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Helping lead the electrical discipline in our healthcare market team and delivering work.
- Product Quality: Responsible for ensuring product quality on your projects; ensuring integration with other disciplines in respective market teams; providing technical guidance of all projects for electrical within their team.
- Team development: Mentoring & growing a motivated, technically excellent, healthcare specialized, client-service-minded electrical team. You will be responsible for staff engagement and retention. Promote and support continuous career development for team members. Maintains a service culture; support and champion our focus on total quality.
- Project staffing: Ensures accurate team shape and staffing levels for the projected work. Distributes staff on projects based on the work to be done against a known budget. Actively shares resources with respective partner market (team) discipline leader to optimize utilization of direct reports. Updates staffing projections weekly for their team on all projects.
- Project management: Acts as the electrical project engineer on healthcare projects. When assigned by the Market Leader, acts as multi-discipline project manager on select projects.
- Manages projects to technical and commercial success. Strives for repeat business.
- Market facing: A key role of the position will include seamless integration of our electrical engineering staff into our multi-disciplined teams, elevating our capability and reputation for providing cutting-edge electrical design, and growing the current business through external visibility. Developing new clients and winning work is a desired part of this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- A sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to large buildings projects specifically within the Healthcare industry
- PE license (preferably California)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience working on healthcare projects
- Thorough understanding and exposure to a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills crucial for team-based working
- Collaborative, “can-do”, service-minded, client focused attitude
- Experience in the application of the NEC (preferably the CEC too)
Arup is an employee-owned company that offers an excellent benefits package. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 10% 401K matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. EOE including disability/veteran.
Job Number: LOS0000H1
Category: Building Services - Electrical
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: Feb. 26, 2021