please visit our International Site.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Arup is a 15,000-person strong, privately held firm of designers, engineers, planners and consultants, who regularly come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. Arup's culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically innovative. We are searching for those rare individuals who are as smart and idealistic as they are ambitious. If this sounds like you, please read on.
Our Washington, DC office is looking to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to our multi-disciplinary team. We unite a global network of inventive and highly skilled building engineers and design specialists. Together, we are best known for helping to shape ambitious buildings. But while our most recognizable work is in complex, groundbreaking structures, many of which Arup's input made possible, it is better building performance that drives us.
- Supervising and collaborating with all levels of staff on a variety of projects such as commercial, institutional, cultural, and industry.
- Technical leadership, responsible for discipline quality, and mentorship of staff.
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete work you're doing.
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding trends and standard methodologies in the DC market.
- Participating in local Professional Associations.
- Responsible for quality standards, commercial metrics, and client relations for projects
- Teaching teams to connect their solutions to bigger picture issues
- Delivering timely feedback and recognition to others
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience
- Experienced engineer of record
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills are required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Professional Engineering License in US (DC, MD, VA)
- Experience working in alternative power / energy including renewable generation on buildings projects
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with 3D BIM / CAD software such AutoCAD MEP or Revit MEP
- Project management experience
Arup is an employee-owned company that offers an excellent benefits package. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long-Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. EOE including disability/veteran.
Job Number: WAS00003R
Category: Electrical Engineering
Location: Washington, Dist Of Columbia
Date Posted: March 5, 2021