please visit our International Site.
Senior Electrical Power System Engineer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our energy team is operating in the utility-scale renewable and resiliency markets, within key solar photovoltaic and offshore wind sectors, as well as battery storage and green hydrogen gas generation from electrolysis as emerging areas.
We're currently seeking a Senior Electrical Power System Engineer with superior design and analysis skills, to evaluate, plan and design utility-scale renewable energy projects.
- Provide feasibility analysis to guide our clients into the correct advanced energy choices for their particular application
- Design full electrical systems for utility scale applications, including power, distributed generation, energy storage, microgrids, control and signaling systems
- Design and perform calculations for utility-scale generation systems and associated controls, including solar PV and energy storage
- Design and perform calculations for offshore wind collection and transformer facilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering; Master's degree preferred
- 8-15 years of relevant experience with a sound knowledge of electrical fundamentals as they relate to utility scale power generation, transmission and distribution systems.
- Experience with translating design intent into project documentation and review of project documentation for same.
- Experience with power flow modeling, voltage drop calculations, fault analysis, feeder and transformer sizing for radial, loop, and multiple independent systems
- Experience with solar, wind, storage and grid integration projects
- PE license and NCEES accreditation for comity to USA states as needed
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively, as needed, to achieve agreed goals and results
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Implement and follow engineering best practices and innovative concepts while providing both proven and optimized design solutions
You'll love this position if:
- You want to be part of a leading energy engineering team that is changing the world for the better and leading an exciting industry
- You thrive in a truly multi-disciplinary environment - we have over 40 disciplines in our Americas team and regularly collaborate with them on the delivery of a variety of projects.
- If you love to create well-engineered systems, collaborate with world-class, market-facing teammates, and see the results of your energy design and analysis work through the ever-increasing success of your team and clients
- You are driven to help grow the business, broaden our energy capabilities and can develop relationships in the local market
- You enjoy working directly with clients, contractors and the project team for projects throughout the USA and beyond and are willing to take responsibility for project deliver
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Number: HOU00005R
Category: Electrical Engineering
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Date Posted: Oct. 23, 2020