please visit our International Site.
Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Founded by Ove Arup in 1946, Arup provides multi-disciplinary engineering design, planning, and consulting services to a broad range of local, regional, and global clients. The firm employs over 14,000 staff at more than 100 offices in 42 countries.
The San Francisco office is seeking a Senior Fire Engineer to play an active role in the management, consultation, and design of local building and infrastructure projects. This position will work closely with architects, engineers, process designers, end-users, building owners, and developers. Senior Fire Engineers develop innovative, facility-specific, performance based solutions for a wide range of commercial, governmental, and institutional designs.
You will be working with a creative, innovative, and self-motivated team of fire protection engineers and life safety consultants based in San Francisco while supporting jobs across Arup’s Americas Region. The successful candidate will complement the Fire team by developing and leading the fire protection engineering services on new and existing projects. The candidate will manage both projects and junior engineers, with support from the existing staff and wider regional team as necessary. The role requires collaborative working with multi-disciplinary colleagues in local and remote offices. The projects are diverse and exciting, ranging from conceptual fire strategy development, to finalizing landmark projects in the built environment.
As a senior member of the SF Fire Engineering team, the candidate will have strong negotiating skills and experience in leading teams. The candidate will be a team player capable of imparting knowledge and experience, peer review, and mentoring junior team.
• 8+ years of experience in fire protection engineering
• Master's degree, or an equivalent combination of experience and education, in an engineering discipline or related field.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Fire Protection
• Experience in code consulting, modeling, and suppression/detection systems
• Experience in developing performance based strategies and/or code alternates, utilizing basic fire engineering principles
• Ability to manage multiple projects immediately after joining our team
• Project planning, staffing, budgeting, monitoring, and successful delivery
• Must have experience in the application of ICC, NFPA, and ASHRAE codes & standards
• California licensed Professional Engineer
• Consulting experience with San Francisco Bay Area jurisdictions
• Experience working on multi-disciplinary engineering teams
• Experience developing proposals
• Project experience in a broad range of projects such as: aviation; rail; high-rise buildings; assembly & large occupant load use structures; healthcare; higher education; Federal and State governments; laboratories; industrial; data centers
• Skill in preparing code/standard equivalencies and variances
• Successful experience in securing alternate design approaches to code officials
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: SAN0000DA
Category: Fire Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: None