please visit our International Site.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on boldly reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our New York or Edison, New Jersey office are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to enhance our Building Engineering Group capacity. The potential candidate should have 6+ years' experience in the design of mechanical systems and some knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, eQuest, Energy Pro, IES or similar experience. We are looking for staff with a strong focus on client service and sustainable design and innovation.
You will be a member of our multidisciplinary team of engineers and assist with various aspects of projects including but not limited to:
- Sound knowledge in mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Familiarity with codes, IMC, ASHRAE standards 55, 62.1, 90.1
- Design mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection, air and water distribution, ventilation, air conditioning, building automation and controls.
- Perform system design calculations, load calculations and some Energy modeling experience.
- Understanding of passive design systems that influence mechanical requirements
- Select equipment for use in building systems.
- Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings.
- Track record of sustainable and innovative approach to design.
- Prepare contract drawings detailing the designed systems.
- Report writing and specification preparation.
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Lead a small project, work area or technical skill set, monitor quality of work, and is involved in client liaison.
- Assist in the procurement of work; run multi-disciplinary project teams including client relations and team motivation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Architectural Engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- 6+ years of experience.
- PE preferred
- Project management and supervisor experience.
- Business development capabilities, commercial/financial awareness.
- LEED AP with a specialty preferred.
- Shown interest in the field of building design.
- Healthcare and Lab Design Experience preferred
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of paid time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000TH
Category: Building Services - Mechanical
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: Feb. 14, 2020