please visit our International Site.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Houston office is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to contribute to a variety of exciting buildings projects.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Design mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection, air distribution, ventilation, air conditioning, building automation and controls.
• Prepare drawings detailing the system designed.
• Prepare and review reports.
• Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings.
• Manage a team of mechanical engineers on projects related to Healthcare, Aviation and Science and Industry.
• Maintain strong internal and external client relations as it pertains to project delivery and repeat business.
• Monitor performance of team against technical deliverables and schedule.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
• At least 8 years of experience in a similar industry.
• Project management and supervisor experience.
• Business development capabilities, commercial/financial awareness.
• PE Certification required.
• Evidence of public recognition of expertise preferred (e.g. articles, conference papers, ASHRAE committee membership, or speaking engagements).
• Experience in sustainable building design, LEED AP BD+C preferred.
• Experience in Aviation and technology projects preferred.
• Excellent communication skills essential for working with design teams and non-technical clients.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• Collaborative in working with or leading others both externally and internally.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: HOU000034
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: June 12, 2018