please visit our International Site.
Senior Transportation Planner / Engineer
Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 16,000 creative minds. We are excited to continue growing our presence in Latin America and in Bogota, Colombia. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Projects in the Americas include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, USA, California High-Speed Rail, USA, the Las Vegas Observation Wheel, USA, and currently in Colombia, the Atrio Towers, Barranquilla public spaces Master Plan, Medellin AV 80 Light Rail Systems, Bogota Metro Land Value Capture Study and 14 Lender Technical Advisor role for 4G highway projects.
We are looking for a Senior Transportation Planner / Engineer to join our Bogota office. We seek an individual with the technical expertise, experience and motivation to deliver innovative solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified applicant to lead challenging projects and tasks. The hired candidate will join a multidisciplinary team of Planners and Engineers across the Americas Region.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INVOLVE:
- Lead a variety of planning, development and transportation infrastructure projects including: Multimodal Transportation Plans and Master Plans, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies Transportation & Land Use Studies, Transit Planning & Operations Analysis, Traffic Engineering analyses, Traffic and Pedestrian Simulation Modeling and Travel Demand Forecasting.
- Serve as Project Manager for the day-to-day client liaison for specific projects.
- Lead proposal, reports and other presentation materials with the support of the regional marketing team
- Present findings and recommendations to clients and stakeholders.
- Supervise subordinates.
QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- Master's degree in Transportation Planning, or closely related discipline.
- Advanced level written, verbal, presentation and communication skills with colleagues and clients of all levels in English and Spanish is essential.
- 8 or more years of relevant national and international experience as a transport engineer/ planner
- Experience in planning for pedestrian, cycle, vehicular and transit (rail, bus or BRT) systems and in master planning projects.
- A strong capability for spreadsheet-bases analyses is required along with experience with one or more of the following areas: Traffic capacity analysis, micro simulation, economic appraisal and demand forecasting.
- Excellent report writing (Spanish and English) and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.
Job Number: BOG000018
Category: Transportation Planning
Location: Bogota, Cundinamarca
Date Posted: Dec. 13, 2019