please visit our International Site.
Sustainability Consulting Intern (Summer 2020)
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Develop sustainability frameworks and design strategies for multiple scales of projects, while also completing environmental and social impact assessments
• Advising clients on green building technology and ratings systems (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Living Building Challenge)
• Tracking rating system and building strategy processes, writing and editing reports, and presenting LEED or sustainability frameworks to clients, design teams, and contractor
• Sketching and digital illustrations of building concepts will be expected in order to visualize design strategies for client presentations and other external needs
• Analysis of building design strategies using 3D modeling and analysis software like Rhino, Grasshopper, and other plug-ins.
• Demonstrate research experience, as this job will likely demand both directed and individual research into architectural materials and technology, building services systems, green building and urban policy, and social and human comfort issues
• Bachelor's degree in a built environment design or planning field - architectural, energy or building engineering
• Proficient in use of design software, such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, DIVA, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
• Relevant internship experience
• Green Building knowledge
• Relevant coursework
• Knowledge of LEED and other rating systems
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master's degree or higher in Mechanical, Architectural, Electrical, Building Science, Policy or other field in the built environment
• LEED Accredited Professional
• Previous professional or academic research experience
• Proficient in use of software like Publisher or other desktop publishing platform, interactive Adobe PDFs
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Second Avenue Subway
• Fulton Street Transit Center
• JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
• Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000Q1
Category: Environmental Services
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: None